The role of sanitary napkins is to provide protection during periods, but what are panty liners used for? What kind of protection do they offer? Why and how should a girl use them? Here’s our full guide to daily protection perfection.
Pantyliners are thinner and smaller than sanitary napkins, making them more comfortable and flexible to wear. Many women wear them every day and don’t even notice they’re there. Pantyliners are great for protecting your underwear from vaginal discharge, absorbing odours, and keeping you feeling clean and dry every day.
It’s a good idea to keep a few individually wrapped liners in your purse for when you are on the go. When you are out of the house, especially in hot weather, panty liners are ideal for absorbing sweat and locking in odours, leaving you feeling fresh and dry all day.
Pantyliners are also great for giving you extra protection from normal vaginal discharge, as well as those periods of increased discharge, like before and after your period, and when you’re ovulating. They protect your underwear while remaining discreet, flexible, and super comfortable.
Do you sometimes laugh so hard you wet your pants? Don’t worry! With panty liners, you are always protected against small urinary leakage.
Which type of Panty Liner to use?
Just like pads, panty liners vary in thickness and sizes according to your needs and body type:
- An ultra-thin panty liner is perfect for light daily discharge. It’s so thin and flexible, you forget you’re wearing one! It protects your lingerie from staining and helps you stay fresh all day long.
- A regular panty liner is more absorbent than an ultra-thin panty liner. It can be used to protect you from heavier daily discharge, for example, during pregnancy. It’s also great for controlling sweat and odour, especially when you are out of the house in the heat.
- Large panty liners are longer, wider, and more absorbent than regular ones. They are a good option to consider at the beginning or end of your period, or simply for extra comfort and protection.
- For girls with sensitive skin, panty liners with aloe or cotton extract are the perfect solution. They are breathable and so soft, you won’t even feel them.
- For girls who need flexible comfort, there are special panty liners designed to comfortably adapt to any kind of underwear, regular or string.
No matter what type you choose, remember that a panty liner should be changed during the course of the day. Make sure to keep some in your bag!
How to use a Panty Liner?
Putting on a panty liner is very simple. Always start by washing your hands, then remove the adhesive strip, and centre the liner in the bottom of your underwear. Wash your hands, and you’re ready to go!