Have you ever wondered why you need to use a separate wash for your intimate area? Well, we are here to answer that. The skin of the genital area contains many nerve cells that react badly even to the slightest skin discomfort. That is why you need to pay special attention to it by cleaning it with adapted feminine wash products that help to maintain hydration and protect it from external aggressions. Read on to know more about feminine wash and how to use it.
What is a feminine wash?
A feminine wash, also called an intimate wash, is used to ensure perfect genital hygiene. It must be used on a daily basis, at least once a day. Standard soap or shower gels are usually too aggressive for the vaginal area. This is the reason why most women are moving towards vaginal wash products for daily use; as it is designed for this sensitive area. A feminine wash is not used to solve a particular problem of vaginal or vulvar infection, but to ensure everyday cleanliness of the vulvo-vaginal area.
Why Use a Feminine Wash?
Firstly, it is necessary to understand that it is not enough to just clean your genital area with water in order to maintain good intimate hygiene. Your intimate area is special and using an intimate wash that is best suited for it, is an essential part of your regular feminine hygiene. The vagina is composed of vaginal flora: germs that naturally live there. The balance of the vaginal flora is very fragile and must be protected, because it is a natural barrier from the outside. For these reasons, lack of appropriate feminine hygiene can negatively affect the vaginal flora balance and then lead to vaginal irritation, odour and infections.
How to Use a Feminine Wash?
Cleaning with water alone can lead to vaginal dryness. That’s where feminine wash comes into play. Let’s try to understand how to clean the intimate area appropriately:
- Use a feminine wash: It’s formula, adapted to the sensitivity of the skin, respects its natural hydration. Pour some in your hand and apply it on the external area during shower or regular toilet usage
- Clean from front to back so as not to bring back the germs of the anus towards the vulva area and the vagina. Rinse well after that
- For best results, you can cleanse with a feminine wash once or twice a day, when you shower
- After the use of the intimate wash, dry this fragile area carefully by dabbing with a soft towel
5 Tips on Feminine Hygiene:
- It is essential to wash your hands before cleaning the genital area
- Add Carefree® intimate wash to your daily cleansing routine. It is specially developed to gently clean and care for your intimate area
- Choose the right panty liner after your daily shower: Carefree® panty liners are dermatologically-tested, breathable and provide you with everyday freshness
- Wear cotton underwear, rather than synthetic underwear, which promotes moisture. Avoid, for the same reasons, clothes that are too tight
- If you notice signs of vaginal pH imbalance (heavy and smelly vaginal discharge, itching, irritation or burning), consult your gynaecologist so that he/she can prescribe a proper treatment